- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
- INFORMATION SHARING
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION & FINANCIAL DATA
- GUEST ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- GUEST CHOICE REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND THE Aquascape'S CONTROL
- PUBLIC FORUMS AND THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS
- CONTACTING US
- UPDATES AND CHANGES
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES.We collect personal and anonymous information from our Guests and may use this information to create aggregate information. We may share information as further described in Section 3. The types of information we collect are described as follows ("Collected Information"):
- Location Information. When Guests access the Services virtually, we have the ability to recognize Guests' domain names, IP addresses (the number assigned to computers and mobile devices on the internet) and general physical location. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. Your IP address is used to help identify your computer and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information about you.
- Use, Viewing and Technical Information. The Services may also gather anonymous "traffic data" that does not personally identify you, such as which pages you visit, how you are accessing the Services (including the type of device and screen size), how long you use the Services, your preferred language, and the site you visited immediately before arriving at one of our websites. This anonymous information is used for marketing purposes, is shared with business partners and advertisers and is analyzed to help us improve the Services for our visitors.
- Personal Information. In order for you to access certain services and information, make donations and purchases, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may be provided via our virtual Services as well as in person or through the mail and includes the following categories of information:
- Contact Data (such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address), which you may provide when you create an account, supply your e-mail to us at a photobooth or subscribe to our e-mail newsletter. We may use your Contact Data to contact you regarding your purchase, donation or visit to the Aquascape, or your use of our websites or applications. We may also use your Contact Data to send you information or promotional materials about the Aquascape, our partners' products or services and to solicit donations or invite you to become a member of the Aquascape.
- Financial Data (such as your bank account or credit card number) which you provide when you make a purchase or donation through our sites or applications. We may use Financial Data you have provided to bill you for products and services you have requested.
- Demographic Data (such as your zip code, age and income). We may use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience by displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences.
- Other Data which you provide by communicating with us by e-mail, via social media sites, text message or other electronic means, by accessing the Services through a third-party site or service, by posting messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or by completing online forms, surveys or contest entries through our Services.
- Comments and Suggestions. We welcome your feedback and provide opportunities throughout the Services and at the Aquascape for you to submit comments and ideas, make suggestions, request information and to report problems. Even if you contact us through one of our forms through the Services, we cannot determine your e-mail address unless you include it in your response. We may wish to post your feedback and will do so anonymously, or will identify you by your first name, initials, or display name only, unless you specifically authorize otherwise. Please note that any suggestions or ideas you submit to us will become the property of the Aquascape and can be used by us for any purpose.
- Surveys. If you choose to participate in one of our surveys, we may ask you for certain Demographic and other Personal Information. We do not share this information with others.
- Interactive Programs. Our Services may contain interactive programs in which you can participate. Any information that you provide will be stored in our system and will not be shared with others.
- E-mail Newsletter Subscription. If you choose to subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we may use your e-mail address to display our advertising material on your Facebook or other social network News Feed or home page. Subscription to our e-mail newsletter is your consent to allow us hash (encrypt) your e-mail address for marketing purposes.
3. INFORMATION SHARING.We may share certain categories of Collected Information we collect from you as follows:
- Third-Party Affiliates and Other Tax Exempt Organization. From time to time we may share minimal Personal Information in the form of list of members with affiliated entities or other tax exempt organization with which we have on-going relationships. If you do not wish your Personal Information to be included in the lists we share with such third parties, simply elect to decline the sharing of such Personal Information with Affiliates or other Tax Exempt Organizations when you join or renew your membership or donation commitment or contact us directly.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We share Demographic Data, Use, Viewing and Technical Information and Location Information with advertisers and other third parties, but only on an aggregate (i.e., non-personally identifiable) basis.
- Third-Party Direct Marketers. We do not share your information with third-party direct marketers, unless you opt-in to such sharing. If you choose to "opt in" when submitting your Personal Information, we may share your Contact Data with other companies who may send you information about their products or services. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with any third-party marketers, please do not select the "opt in" option when submitting your Personal Information, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may still share certain information with third parties in order to perform certain services related to operation of the Services as described elsewhere in the Policy.
- Third Parties Performing Services. We utilize outside businesses to perform certain services relating to our operation of the Services (such as website hosting, ticket sales, membership information management, pressroom, job board management, billing, fulfillment, e-mail hashing for marketing purposes and data storage and security). Those businesses include, but are not limited to, Gateway Ticketing Systems, Inc. and The Stelter Company. We share your Collected Information, including Contact and Financial Data, with those businesses only so that they may perform services relating to operation of our Services. We require those businesses to uphold the same standards of security and confidentiality that we have promised to you in this Policy, and they will only use your Personal Information to carry out their specific business obligations to the Aquascape. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information, including your Contact and Financial Data with our third-party service providers, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please understand that such a request will likely limit your ability to take advantage of all of the features and services we offer.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION & FINANCIAL DATA.We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or legal process served on the Aquascape or its subsidiaries or affiliates, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) facilitate compliance with laws; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Aquascape or our Guests; or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or our Guests. We may disclose Financial Data if required to do so by law, including in compliance with legal process served on the Aquascape, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
5. GUEST ACCESS TO INFORMATION.
- Mailing Lists. If you subscribe to our e-newsletter, you may unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the e-mail and following the prompts. If you do not wish to receive mailings from us via U.S. Mail, you may request we remove you from our list by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or via mail: Aquascape Paradise Foundation, 886 Cannery Row Monterey, CA 93940.